- Polaris is a personalised Career Guidance programme designed for employed individuals who are looking to elevate their career through Career Planning. Through this structured programme, participants will be empowered to take control of their professional future with career planning skills to enhance their career trajectory.
Can the Polaris programme help me secure a job?Polaris focuses on providing structured career planning support for employed individuals who are looking to elevate their career. Individuals who are seeking job-search related assistance can approach WSG’s Careers Connect .
Are Polaris career coaches professionally certified?All Polaris career coaches are professionally certified in Workforce Singapore’s Career Development Framework and basic counselling skills. They also bring with them knowledge and insights from a wide spectrum of industries and across different functional roles.
When are the coaching sessions conducted?
Our coaching sessions are available as follows:
Monday – Friday : 9am – 7pm (last appointment at 5pm)
Saturday : 9am – 1pm (last appointment at 11am)
You can make an appointment with your career coach based on your availability.
What is expected of me if I sign up for the programme?The coaching sessions will be highly interactive. For you to reap the maximum benefits, you are encouraged to participate actively in the coaching sessions. Outside of the sessions, coursework will also be assigned to you to prepare for the next coaching session meaningfully.
Who is eligible for Polaris? How would I know if this is a suitable program for me?All employed Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible for the programme. Individuals who sign up for Polaris will receive a pre-coaching consultation session from a career coach within 5 working days. During the consultation session, the career coach will find out more about your career needs and if necessary, suggest alternative programme(s) that may better meet your career needs.
Who can benefit from this programme?This program is designed for individuals who are:
- Career Change Explorers exploring new opportunities.
- Career Expansion Seekers pursuing knowledge and skills to embrace career expansion.
- Career Crossroads Navigators at career crossroads, seeking clarity before making crucial career decisions.
- Functional Specialisation Enthusiasts contemplating to hone their expertise in a specific role.
- Growth Sector Adventurers seeking to ride the wave and explore alternative careers in rapidly growing sectors.
- Vertical Progression Pursuers looking to move up in their career.
What can I expect from this programmeThis personalised programme aims to help you develop self-awareness and career clarity to drive career growth and success. A career coach will work with you to co-create a career development plan to achieve your career goals. Depending on your focus and priority, these career goals may include achieving career fulfilment, sustaining long term employability or undertaking career growth that leads to a rewarding career.