A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar1 in

I am the Mentally Incapacitated (MI) Patient’s Grandparent/Grandchild/Uncle/Auntie/Nephew/Niece/Cousin. Can I receive CareShield Life payouts on behalf of him/her?



You may nominate your own bank account to receive monthly payouts on behalf of a Mentally Incapacitated (MI) patient. However, please note that if the payout is not made to patient / the patient’s nursing home, the patient’s family or caregiver is advised to obtain a deputyship within 12 months to avoid suspension of payouts. This is to safeguard the interest of the patient.  

If more time is required to apply for deputyship, you may contact AIC at apply@aic.sg to request for an extension on this timeline.

This information provided here is sourced from the MOH website.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?