A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar0 in

My family member is not able to sign on the CareShield Life claim form to authorise his claim as he is mentally incapacitated. What should I do?



As a caregiver, you may make an application and opt to receive the monthly payouts on behalf of your family member who develops severe disability and lacks mental capacity. In order to do so, you will need to be your family member's deputy appointed by the Court, or donee appointed under a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA), to manage his property and affairs. This requirement safeguards his interests. If your family member with severe disability does not have a donee or deputy, you can still apply for, and receive payouts on your family member’s behalf. However, to protect interests of your family member you will need to apply to be appointed as a deputy by the Court within 12 months of claims approval, failing which the payouts will be re-directed to your family member’s bank account, or suspended until a deputy has been appointed. AIC can provide you with further advice on the process of applying for deputyship.

This information provided here is sourced from the MOH website.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?