A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar4 in

If my GP/my nursing home has assessed that I have developed disability, why do I still need to visit an accredited GP for assessment?



Not all GPs would have undergone similar rigorous training programme to learn how to assess disability. A trained, accredited severe disability assessor will be able to assess whether you meet the CareShield Life/ElderShield claims criteria of being unable to perform three or more of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).

If you are staying in a nursing home, you may approach your nursing home for assistance to submit the Resident Assessment Form in place of the severe disability assessment.

This information provided here is sourced from the MOH website.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?