A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar3 in

I am a patient ≥ 60 years old. What should I do if I become unwell?



Medically vulnerable persons (i.e. seniors and those with chronic medical conditions) that have ARI symptoms, as well as persons with severe, prolonged or worsening ARI symptoms, should see a doctor and be considered for testing and/or oral antiviral therapy. The updated advisory for persons who are at increased risk of severe COVID-19 can be found at this link.

Persons with mild ARI symptoms should stay at home until symptoms resolve.

If you test positive with an ART test, you should regard yourself as being infected with COVID-19.

Avoid close contact with others while still symptomatic. You may return to normal activities when your symptoms resolve.

If you have a need to go out while symptomatic, please exercise social responsibility to avoid infecting others – wear a mask, minimise your social interactions and avoid crowded places, do not visit vulnerable settings such as hospitals and nursing homes, and avoid contact with vulnerable persons, such as the elderly.

If you are unable to avoid contact with vulnerable persons despite being symptomatic (e.g., due to essential work or caregiving responsibilities), do take additional necessary precautions (e.g., wearing a mask, practice good hand hygiene) when interacting with them, until you test negative.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?