A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar1 in

I paid Stamp Duty on a Lease/Tenancy Agreement, but the Lease/Tenancy Agreement is terminated/aborted. Can I seek a refund of Stamp Duty?



Refunds may be allowed on rescinded or cancelled documents which have not been ""made use of"" if all the conditions are met under the Terminated Lease Remission.

Application for refund under this remission has to be made within 6 months from the date of termination. If approved, Lease Duty in excess of $50 will be refunded to the party liable, i.e. the tenant/lessee.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?