A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar3 in

I had stamped on a 2-year tenancy agreement. However, the tenancy period was changed to 1 year instead. Can I get a stamp duty refund?



Stamping is required if a new agreement was executed to effect the change.

However, if you had canceled the previous agreement, no refund can be allowed if the instrument has been made use of.

An instrument is considered 'made use of' if any of the parties to the instrument has enforced his/her rights under the instrument or has in any way acted on the terms of the instrument.

Examples of this include when payment has been made, a deposit has been forfeited, compensation has been obtained, possession of the property has been taken, or the lease term has commenced.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?