When do I need to pay SSD and can the payment be deferred?
SSD must be paid within 14 days after the date of the executed sale contract, otherwise, a penalty will be imposed for late stamping and payment. There is no deferment for Stamp Duty payment.
However, for properties undergoing collective sale, requests may be considered favorably for the waiver of the penalty incurred up to the later of the following dates, whichever is applicable:
(1) Date that the Strata Titles Board grants the Collective Sale Order;
(2) 30 days from the date of decision made by the High Court with no further objection; or
(3) Date of decision made by the Court of Appeal.
Such requests are subject to the following conditions:
(1) The collective sale contract is stamped and
(2) The waiver request is submitted to the Commissioner of Stamp Duties where both conditions are fulfilled within 14 days from the date of the executed contract.
To submit the request for waiver, please perform the following steps:
(1) Log on to e-Stamping Portal
(2) Select ""Requests""
(3) Select ""Apply for Assessment/ Appeal""
(5) Select ""Appeal"" under New Application.
Please be informed that requests to waive penalties incurred up to the date that the collective sale is legally completed or the date that you receive the sale proceeds will not be acceded to.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?