A Singapore Government Agency Website 

I run a music and dance school. Do i need to purchase a copyright license to teach my students in classes?



Sound recording companies have a new right to collect licence fees for the broadcast or public performance of commercially published sound recordings. Businesses that play recorded music in a physical venue will need to obtain a licence for the public performance of the sound recordings. Businesses will need to obtain license from a collective management organisation (CMO) for the public performance of the underlying music. CMO Link: https://www.ipos.gov.sg/about-ip/copyright/copyright-owners/collective-management-organisations

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?