A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar1 in

I am insured under CareShield Life/ElderShield. However, I have not developed severe disability. Can I apply for Home Caregiving Grant (HCG)?



If you have not developed severe disability but require some assistance with at least three out of six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), you may apply for Home Caregiving Grant (moderate disability scheme) should you meet the following non-disability eligibility criteria:

a. Singapore Citizen.  
Permanent Resident can qualify if either a parent, child or spouse is a Singapore Citizen. 

b. Not in a residential long-term care institution (e.g. nursing home).

c. Lives in Singapore.

d. Means-tested.

Household monthly income per person is $2,800 or less; or annual value of property for household without income is $13,000 or less.

To apply, you should visit a General Practitioner or arrange with your care provider to obtain a Functional Assessment Report and submit an application to the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC).

This information provided here is sourced from the MOH website.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?