A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar4 in

If I have lost my SPR status, am I still entitled to participate in SRS scheme, and withdraw the money after retirement?



If you lose your SPR status, you are still eligible for participation in the SRS scheme. You may also decide to make SRS withdrawals at a later stage. However, as a foreigner, you would qualify for an additional concession (penalty-free withdrawal). This concession is available to foreigners who withdraw their SRS monies entirely in one withdrawal transaction. The conditions for this concession are as follows:  i) you have been a non-Singaporean for a continuous period of 10 years preceding the date of withdrawal, and; ii) you have maintained your SRS account for a period of not less than 10 years from the date of your first contribution to your SRS account.  Under the above conditions, only 50% of the lump-sum withdrawal is taxable.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?