A Singapore Government Agency Website 

Will overseas Singaporeans receive Premium Subsidies?



All Pioneer and Merdeka Generation seniors, including those residing overseas, will receive the Pioneer Generation Subsidies and Merdeka Generation Subsidies automatically. This is regardless of their income, Annual Value (AV) of residence and property ownership.

Singapore Citizens’ and Permanent Residents’ eligibility for Premium Subsidies for the lower- to middle-income households will be subject to criteria such as household monthly income per person, AV of residence and multiple property ownership. It will be assessed based on the individual’s residential address as reflected on his/her NRIC.

If your residential address is an overseas address or if you or your household have confirmed with the Ministry of Health (MOH) that you are overseas, MOH will not be able to assess you for MediShield Life Premium Subsidies as they are unable to obtain the necessary information to determine your eligibility. You will need to apply and submit sufficient documentation for MOH to assess your eligibility for Premium Subsidies prior to the applicable policy year.

If you or your household wishes to request for a review of your eligibility for MediShield Life Premium Subsidies, please write to us, with the following documents:

i)     Declaration of household members staying at the overseas address;

ii)    Latest pay slips (for the past 12 months) or Income Tax returns (for the latest Year of Assessment) for each working household member;

iii)   Property tax document, property valuation document or Sales and Purchase Agreement (dated not more than 5 years ago) if you own the overseas property that you are residing in or a valid tenancy agreement if you are renting your place of residence; and

iv)   Declaration of no. of properties owned

If you are facing financial difficulties and wish to find out more about available subsidies and support, you can write to us or call 1800-222-3399 if calling from Singapore / +65 6222 3399 if calling from overseas.

This information provided here is sourced from the MOH website.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?