A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar6 in

My child/ward has self-harm / suicidal thougths and/or has done actions to self-harm. What should I do?

acs (br)Logo

acs (br)

Have an open conversation with your child/ward about what you have observed / witnessed and try to understand the function(s) of the behaviour (e.g. is it related to peer relationship, stress from studies etc). Let your child/ward know that he will need more support and you will need to share the information with a few others who are involved in supporting him. Continue to observe your child/ward and put in appropriate measures to ensure his safety. You can 1) share the information with your child's/ward's Form Teachers who will inform our School Counsellors who will take necessary actions or 2) seek external Counselling services if your child/ward is very resistant and insistent that he does not want to involve school.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?