A Singapore Government Agency Website 

avatar8 in

What do I need to do for my son/ward if he is taking NTIL/AsL/FL as MTL-in-lieu?

acs (br)Logo

acs (br)

For NTIL (Non-Tamil Indian Languages) students: It is compulsory for NTIL students to register at one of the approved NTIL community groups [CG: Bangla Language and Literary Society, Bangladesh Language and Cultural Foundation, Singapore Gujarati School Limited, DAV Hindi School, The Hindi Society (Singapore), Singapore Sikh Education Foundation, Urdu Development Society (Singapore)] and attend NTIL lessons with these CGs. It is also compulsory to sit for examinations set by the Board for the Teaching and Testing of South Asian Languages. For AsL (Arabic, Burmese and Thai) and FL (French, German and Japanese) students: Students are required to learn the AsL/FL privately at the primary, secondary and pre-university levels, as instruction is not provided by MOE. Students are required to provide documentation (e.g. marked assignment, result slip, payment receipt) to the school to show that they are learning AsL/FL regularly. Students are required to take the AsL/FL papers at the GCE O Level.

Let other citizens know if this answer was helpful
Did this answer your question?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?